Auto Maintenance Made Easy: AAMCO of San Antonio North
We know you rely on your vehicle to get to work and bring your children to soccer practice and piano lessons. You need your car, truck, or SUV for road trips with your family. You can count on AAMCO of San Antonio North to get you there. Our specially-trained technicians have years of experience diagnosing and fixing vehicles of all makes and models – we fix ten-year-old Toyotas as quickly as we revitalize prized Mercedes-Benzes. Through a combination of computerized equipment and knowledge, we can repair your car. If you’re experiencing car trouble, there is no better place to visit than our shop.
Trust Us for Comprehensive Auto Repair Services
Automobiles are complicated machines full of hundreds of intertwining parts. It’s okay for you to lack car expertise – we take care of it. But we want you to understand the basics of each component in your vehicle. Identifying there is a problem early is crucial to saving money.
Maintenance & Auto Repair Services
At AAMCO of San Antonio North, we provide the following auto repair services:
- Batteries: We test and replace car, truck, and SUV batteries, both foreign and domestic. You should check your car’s battery every four to five years. But keep an eye out for slow starts, dim lights, and bad smells. All of these signs point to a bad battery, no matter the age. We can replace it quickly.
- Belts & Hoses: Belts and hoses are essential elements that power automobiles’ cooling, charging, and air conditioning systems. Unfortunately, they degrade over time. However, motorists can easily tell when to replace them before they break. Check the hoses: If they are mushy or swollen, then replace them. As for belts, cracks and frays are obvious signs.
- Brake Repair: Never sleep on bad brakes! If they grind, squeal, or make any unpleasant noises when stopping, the pads are wearing down. If braking produces an intense grinding noise, this could mean the pads have worn completely and have damaged the brake rotors. Visit us before the grinding noises start because brake problems can damage more than just the rotors.
- Check Engine Light: Even though it is called a “check engine light,” it is there to tell vehicle owners when there is a car problem and not necessarily the engine. The light can be the first indicator of major engine, emission, transmission, fuel system, or other problems. Sometimes, electrical shorts trigger the light even when there is no engine or transmission problem. A computer and powertrain check could reveal an electrical problem.
- Cooling & Heating: In Texas, air conditioning is no luxury; it’s a must-have. You don’t need to drive with the summer’s searing Texas sun baking the car’s interior. Most cooling and heating repairs are straightforward and relatively affordable. We keep costs low by using diagnostic tools to guide us through the repair process.
- Engine Tune-Up: AAMCO of San Antonio North’s engine tune-ups help vehicle owners maintain control over their cars, trucks, and SUVs. These preventative services ensure the vehicle runs smoothly and lasts as long as it should. During a tune-up, our technicians replace fuel filters, oxygen sensors, PCV valves, and spark plugs when applicable.
- Exhaust System: Oxygen sensors, pipes, and more play vital roles in handling emissions, quieting the engine, and preventing deadly exhaust from entering the vehicle cabin. Cars that run loudly might need a new muffler, while catalytic converter repairs can solve some emission issues.
- Transmission Repair: We provide transmission and clutch services for automatic and manual transmissions. We investigate every aspect of your transmission and ensure your car shifts as it should. If your car shifts, slips, slides, makes odd noises, misses shifts, or even refuses to change gears, there is a problem. We can repair, rebuild, and remanufacture transmissions.
Our Free Vehicle Courtesy Check Inspections
Our Vehicle Courtesy Check Inspections are free and allow our trained technicians to do excellent work and give our customers a crystal-clear portrait of the situation. We will provide a detailed estimate, complete with the official diagnosis and an itemized rundown of estimated parts and labor costs. We always strive to honor the estimate to the letter. We offer towing services, which is especially useful for major repairs, such as transmissions and engines. Once we have your car, the Vehicle Courtesy Check will give us more information.
Comprehensive Warranties for Enhanced Peace of Mind
We are proud to provide nationwide warranties on all of our repairs. The warranty ensures peace of mind and high-quality service. We want to make sure all our customers have access to our comprehensive auto repair services. Our financing plans can help cash-strapped individuals and families get the necessary repairs at a cost they can afford. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, or visit our San Antonio, TX shop directly for repairs.