Reliable Brake Service Repair in San Antonio, TX
Visit AAMCO of San Antonio North for Auto Brake Repair
AAMCO of San Antonio North is a complete auto repair shop offering all the essential auto repair services to keep cars running reliably, including brake repair for car owners in the San Antonio, TX area. Our brake repair shop is run by knowledgeable and experienced technicians who will ensure your brakes work correctly and safely by offering thorough brake inspections, repairs, and replacements. If you suspect you might have issues with your brakes, stop by AAMCO of San Antonio North for a vehicle courtesy check. Our trained technicians will check the status of your brakes and offer a qualified recommendation for repair or replacement.
5 Signs You May Need Brake Repair
Your brakes are a critical part of safe automobile operation and should be inspected at regular intervals by a certified auto mechanic. Most car manufacturers note the mileage intervals that brakes should be checked in the owner’s manual. The safest plan is to keep up with regular inspections, but if you haven’t, there are some common signs to be aware of that signal you should have your brakes checked, such as:
- Squeaking Noise: If your brakes squeak or squeal when you apply your foot to the brake pedal, this is usually a sign of wear down on the brake pads.
- Grinding Noise: If you hear grinding when you press the brake pedal, that could mean a few things. It could be dirt or gravel stuck in the calipers that our auto techs can clean out. It could also mean that you’ve waited too long to have your brakes inspected or replaced, and the brake pads have worn through.
- Vibration in the Steering Wheel: Do you notice a vibration or pulsing in the steering wheel when you apply the brakes? This could mean you have uneven wear on your rotors, which can cause vibrations. Rotors should be smooth for even braking.
- Soft Brake Pedal: You shouldn’t have to press your brake pedal all the way down to the floor to get your car to stop. If you notice a different feel in your brake pedal, like it’s soft or you have to press down harder to slow down, you likely need immediate brake service.
- Car Pulling to One Side: Sometimes, brakes wear out unevenly on different sides of the vehicle, or a damaged part of the brake system reduces the brakes’ effectiveness. When you feel the car pull to one side when the brakes are applied, this usually means that the car’s brakes need repair.
Why It’s Important to Fix Your Brakes
The surest way to know if you need auto brake repair is by visiting our brake repair shop for a vehicle courtesy check. Driving habits vary for every car owner, so how often brakes need to be repaired or replaced will be different for everyone. Do you drive fast? Do you spend a lot of time driving in stop and go traffic? Do you drive on rough roads? All of these things will affect how frequently you need to repair or replace different parts of your car’s brakes. Brake pads need to be replaced the most often. Rotors wear down over time and need to be repaired or replaced, but not as frequently as pads. The brake calipers eventually need replacement too. You can save money by reducing the chances that a small repair becomes a larger one with regular maintenance of brake parts.
Schedule Your Brake Repair Service Today
Car ownership comes with a lot of responsibility, and maintaining brakes properly is critical to the safety of every driver on the road. At AAMCO of San Antonio North, we offer drivers a vehicle courtesy check that provides peace of mind for brake service repair in San Antonio, TX. Our inspections let you know what state your brakes are in, and our technicians can provide repair or replacements when you need them. Keeping up with regular inspections can save you money from more costly repairs if you neglect your brakes for too long. Contact our friendly service team today to schedule your brake repair appointment.